Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Marlboro Man Sandwich

Tonight I tried out a new recipe on my hubby, the Marlboro Man Sandwich found on http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/. (thanks for the suggestion Heather!) I modified mine slightly because my husband is strictly a meat and potatoes kind of man, but he loved it! I baked home made french fries to go with it too. I think this might be one of his new favorites!

The Pioneer Woman's Recipe:
2 Whole Medium Onions, Halved and Sliced
1 1/4 sicck butter
2 lbs cube steak cut into strips
salt
pepper
1/4 cup Whorcestershire sauce
5 dashes Tobasco
4 Deli Roles
8 slices fresh Mozzarella
8 slices tomato
1 1/2 cup Arugula

My Recipe:
1 stick butter
1 Package Cube Steak
salt
pepper
garlic salt
1/4 cup Worcestershire  sauce
Many dashes of hot sauce
Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
Sandwich Rolls

I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper, then melted a glob of butter in the skillet. Once the butter was melted I added the meat. Let it sit on one side for at least 1 minute on high heat then use a spatula to flip it. Add Worcestershire and hot sauce and more butter if needed. Put another glob of butter in a different skillet to toast sliced sandwich rolls. Remove meat from heat, and remove bread when it gets a little crispy. Put the meat on the rolls first and drizzle a spoon full of pan sauce over it. Add pepper jack cheese slices, and add the top piece of bread . Eat while warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment