Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fortcast for Labor Day = Rain and that was perfectly alright with me. Working on my summer tan at this point is a lost cause anyway. With my sweet husband at work, I  FINALLY had some time to work on a few projects!
About a month ago I found a super cute solution  for the very ugly pot light above my garden tub. I found this awesome and seemingly simple idea on http://www.freshlypickedblog.com/2011/03/how-to-make-chandelier.html . How more economical can a project get?!  A sewing machine, wax paper, some kind of circle cutter, an old ratty lamp shade and a few cup hooks are the only materials needed. No one mentioned that this project would take an eternity to complete. I have been cutting out wax paper circles for the past 2 weeks and have blown through 2 boxes of wax paper and had nothing to show for it. Today would be the day that my project transformed from a pile of wax paper into a chandelier... or so I thought! I set about the task of chain piecing all of my circles together, starting with the bottom row... only 18 circles per strand no big deal, right? At the end of the day, 8 hours and 422, yes 422 wax paper circles later I completed the bottom row of my chandelier! ... Only 2 more rows and 90 bajillion more wax paper circles to go!





More detailed instructions will be included when the project is completed!
Enjoy  

No comments:

Post a Comment