Monday, September 19, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole


At one of my wedding showers last year, a sweet lady gave me a copy of our church cookbook with a list of her family's top 10 favorite recipes. Believe it or not all the years growing up at home and using the very same cookbook I had never even heard of tater tot casserole. I don't even want to think about all of the calories but it has become one of my husband's favorite dishes! According to him it contains the all of the 3 basic food groups: meat, potatoes and cheese!
-Enjoy-

Tater Tot Casserole
2 lbs ground beef                                         
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 can cream of potato soup
1 cab cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese
1 bag of tater tots

Saute onions in a small amount of oil. Add ground beef: brown, then drain. Pour into large Pyrex dish. Mix soups with 1 can of water, then spread over ground beef. Place grated cheese on top of soup. Add tater tots. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I modify this by only using 1 lb of ground beef because there is only 2 of us and we can still eat leftovers for a week! Also I only use a little more than half a can of water. If your husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy he will LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment