Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sum- Sum- Summertime

After a week of getting our house ready to go on vacation, and a week at the beach (which was fabulous) I was having craft withdrawals. Today I finished my summer/ June wreath, a little late I know, but better late than never. After cruising pinterest for hours on end I decided to try one of those cute coffee filter wreaths, and I was happy with the results. I dyed white coffee filters with red food coloring and hot water, and I covered the wooden "W" with scrapbook paper. I ended up using less than 200 coffee filters (one pack). It was a very economical project and  our front door no longer looks like bla- February which is when my last wreath was from!
Our door mat was looking a little tired as well. I mean we have only had the same one for 2 years :) I decided to give it a face lift as well. I simply printed a W to make a stencil and used some bright blue acrylic paint that was in my craft box and waah-laa a new door mat!

I like monogram can you tell!

Our vacation was wonderful. We went to Manasota Key off the coast of South West Florida. We rented an AMAZING house and practically had the whole beach to ourselves. (Plus the in laws of course) It is my number one favorite vacation spot because there is NO ONE there. Its so private and quiet. My whole week consisted of sleep, eat, tan, read, walk, watch the sunset, and do it all again. I bought the new Mary Kay Andrews book Spring Fling and read it in one day.  I am already searching for somewhere else to go before the summer is over. I could be a beach bum for the rest of my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment