Thursday, June 7, 2012

School's out for summer!!

So far I have enjoyed every second of my summer break! Most of it has been spent cleaning, but I am SO glad that my house is finally getting back into it's old shape. I have even worked on a few DIY house improvements! The first was to frame the big ugly mirror in our master bathroom. This project was much cheaper than I anticipated which is always a plus. At Lowe's I was able to purchase MDF pre primed paintable trim for $1.80something cents per 8 foot section. I bought four. To attach the Trim to the mirror we used a heavy duty adhesive that said on the label it would stick to glass. My daddy cut the corners for me and helped me hang the "frame" because I cant cut paper or hang a picture straight so I knew on my own it would probably end in disaster. My daddy being the handy man he is also had white semi-gloss paint on hand so that was free as well :) If I would have purchased paint a sample can for $3 would have been PLENTY! Below is the finished product. For very little money I feel this has

added some much needed detail to our rather plain bathroom.  In the living room our bare walls also needed some work. I love all of the photo canvas projects I have seen on pinterest so I thought I would give it a try. I found a sale purchase at Cracker Barrel that worked perfect for the center piece. I printed 5X7 black and whites of our families and put them on 8X10 Canvas that I had painted black. This project was not as cheap as the bathroom project. The canvas was $5 for 2 and I needed 6. The pictures were at least $10 to print and the center piece was $6 . That comes to approximately $30. It most definitely helped our empty walls though!

No comments:

Post a Comment