Friday, February 24, 2012

Trash Pile Treasures

I am so glad to be out of school on winter break! It has made me realize how much I miss being a house wife, being able to clean and do yard work every day makes me one happy chick. I did take a break from all of that "work" and took a trip to the local flea market, and boy am I glad that I did. In the back room surrounded by ugly yard sale coffee cups were these cute little puppies.

These cute little cups, saucers, and bowls are Syracuse China made in 1972 for the restaurant industry. There were 24 pieces and I paid a whopping $8 and some change for them! Hello cute dessert party!! I haven't been able to establish an actual value yet, but on one website I found 2 of the coffee cups going for $24. Yay me!

My good fortune for the day wasn't over yet! I took leftover chicken pot pie and mac and cheese to my Granny's for lunch. After we ate she showed me some Pepsi bottles she had recently found, of course my question was where. She showed me an awesome treasure hole! I'm glad that my relatives used to throw their trash in the woods so that some years later I could dig through it all!! an hour later, dirty and sweaty I emerged with some pretty good loot!
Cutsie vintage glass

Clorox Jug with top 1940-1960


They are currently soaking in a bucket of Clorox water in the garage with some other things like a Pepsi bottle, a syrup bottle and some little brown one! I plan on returning to the dump soon, but this time I'm wearing gloves and boots and taking a shovel!
-Happy Hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment