Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A little bit of life and The BEST chocolate chip cookies ever

It has been a whole month since I have written anything. I am still loving my job, and I found out a couple of weeks ago that I will be staying with these children the rest of the school year. I am excited and very overwhelmed at the same time. I pray that I can help these children, and mainly love them in the short time that I will be in their lives. I pray daily that God will show me the best way to show these children that I care about them and that I am there for them. I learn new things about them and myself almost daily.
On a different note I finally got a new car!! I said good bye to the baby blue Honda that has gotten me every where I  needed to go in the past 8 years. We had been through a lot together, but it was time for an upgrade... If you have seen the Honda you know what I mean!

While I do love my job, I very much miss being a housewife. I have dirty floors, dirty dishes, and Mountains (literally) of laundry, both clean and dirty. I miss doing my projects, eating lunch with my mom almost daily, and goodwill trips with my 3 grandmas.  It has been a major adjustment! Trying to keep up my housewife skills, I made some chocolate chip cookies last night and I have to say they are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. They are so soft and chewy, even after they cooled they weren't hard or crunchy at all! My husband was way impressed so I have to share!

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 cup crisco.... bad for you I know but it's what makes them soft and chewy
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp molasses
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the whole bag!)

Mix sugars together, add crisco and mix until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time mixing between eggs. Mix in vanilla and molasses. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Hradia;;u add flour mixture to the batter. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake of 8-10 minutes on 350.

I rolled my cookies into balls and they were kind of big. I also let the cookies cool on the baking sheet of a few minutes to fully set up before moving them to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The molasses was too strong for me. Is it added just for flavor? And the amount of Crisco used made my stomache hurt. I will try making them again but with less Crisco and molasses. thank you for the receipe! Also, what brand of chocolate chips do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Molasses is just for added flavor, it won't change the cookie if you don't add it! I haven't tried it but you could maybe reduce the amount of Crisco by at least a fourth of a cup and maybe get the same result?! I buy toll house chocolate chips, it's also really hood with the kind that are chocolate and peanut butter mixed together!
    Thank you for trying the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe! I made a couple of changes (real butter instead of Crisco, raw sugar instead of both sugars, and left out the molasses). I've always had a problem with making yummy chocolate chip cookies until now . . . these are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete