Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Thanksgiving of Firsts

This year my husband and I took on the task of hosting our very first Thanksgiving in our home! The holidays are such a busy time so we decided to simplify and have both of our families over at once so we could all spend time together. We ended up entertaining ten guest. My mom came over early and we attempted dressing for the first time using my granny's recipe and I must say it turned out well. ...or the pan speaks for itself. :)
After all of the food was gobbled up and football was on T.V us ladies settled back down around the table of some wreath making to kick off the christmas season. We used  this tutorial from pinterest to guide our creativity! It was great to spend time with my mom and mother-in-law at the same time doing something fun. We thought we could skip the hot glue step, but we ended up having to go back and do it so I highly recomend you do it!

This is my finished product!

Throughout the month of November my husband and I also kept a thankful tree. Each day we wrote something that we were thankful for on a leaf and tied it onto our "tree". (We missed a few days because we didn't start on November 1st)
All in all we had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of firsts and I hope all of these 'new' things that we did this year will become tradition in years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment