Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Maybe Christmas dosen't come from a store... Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little more

As I shared earlier I graduated from college 3ish weeks ago so I didn't have a bankroll to buy gifts with this holiday season. I only made three of the gifts I gave, but those three saved me some dough.I crocheted scarves for three special ladies, my mother-in-law, my grandmother-in-law and my Granny. As I sat down to write tonight I realized that I forgot to take pictures of all of these gifts :( The grandma's scarves were very simple single and double crochet patterns that didn't take long to create. My mother-in-law's on the other hand, was a stitch new to me called the crocodile stitch.

NOT the one I made

Her scarf looked just like this but it was heather gray, and boy was it a doosie! I wanted to make more than one but since it was my first time it took a while, and two whole skeins of yarn! Not to mention I had to watch a 30 minute long YouTube tutorial after reading the directions to understand what they meant! She loved it so it was well worth it! Next Christmas I plan to be more prepared and organized in my Christmas crafting.
My Daddy even got in on the holiday crafting and made me the cutest snowman to stand by my front door!

The scarf in this picture I made a couple of years ago!
-Merry Christmas & Enjoy!-

No comments:

Post a Comment